Wednesday, February 27, 2008

That time of year again...





Girl Scout Cookies!!! Yum!!! When I came home for lunch today, much to my surprise, there was a box of Carmel Delites aka Samoas on our kitchen counter!!! I was really surprised! I had no idea it was that time of year again. We haven't had any Girl Scouts knocking on our appartment door selling cookies nor have we seen any for sale lately outside of local stores...... Jeremy was going to a meeting on campus yesterday and saw a mom with her girls setting up shop in a common area so he dropped the dough (4$ a box but its still a steal) and got us some. We have to find some more so I hope we run into another girl scout soon! Now it seems the girls get their parents to take the order form to work or school so they can sell a million so they get one cheap prize. Anyways, Jeremy had also put a box of Thin Mints in the freezer. Jeremy and I actually have a rule about Thin Mints. He gets on row and I get one row. If we don't do this they will be all gone in like 2 minutes! Well maybe not that fast, but he will eat his side in about two days and I like to savor mine. These are the best store bought cookies ever!!! I'm all about the home made stuff but there is something different about these Girl Scout Cookies. I just thought I would share the highlight of my day with you.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

hahahaha.. i didnt realize how much you like girls scout cookies.

The Christensens said...

We just got 3 boxes the other day. Thin Mints, Samoas and Tagalongs. I am not sure how you spell it and I am too lazy to get up and see.

The Christensens said...

Oh, and over here in Ohio they are only 3 dollars a box!!!

Weston & Jennie said...

Hi Brieann, It's Jennie Barney. I don't know if you remember me or not, I was in the ward not long ago. I had to comment on this because I am a little jealous. We had so many girl scouts come, but we couldn't buy because we were moving and the cookies wouldn't be back before we were gone. I LOVE girl scout cookies! Hopefully some find us here. How does Jeremy like his calling? Weston had that position before we moved. Take care.

JoEllen said...

Those are our 2 favorite cookies too! Love them!

The Hardy's said...

hi! ya i think we do know eachother from lindsey...its been forever! how is everything? are you guys living in cali? do you still hang out w/ lindsey? we are moving back to cali on tuesday!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!

Ian said...

You guys have some intense rules about food in your house. We're basically the exact opposite. Shalom.

The Hardy's said...

well we should all get together once we move down! i havent seen lidsey since last year! i think she is still living in rancho cucamunga or ontario. somewhere out there! i added you to my friends list!

Jessica said...

I saw the girl scouts at the grocery store on Saturday. I was tempted to buy some but my body can't really afford it. I don't have the luxury as looking as skinny and beautiful as you do. Enjoy one for me.

Jessica said...

I guess that didn't really come out right. What I mean't to say is that I have no self control and those cookies would be gone in a second.

SS said...

I have eaten SO many thin mints this week its sad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers