
I have a quick second and thought I would write about my labor and delivery experience. I have to say it was not what I expected. Thursday morning, about 1:15am, I thought my water broke. It wasn't a lot of water so I thought maybe I just needed to go to the bathroom. Then once I laid back in bed more water came out. I definitely knew my water broke. Of course I kinda started to freak out beause I expected the contractions to start coming really strong. But I wasn't having any contractions. So I woke up Jeremy, hopped in the shower and called labor and delivery. Once we got to the hospital as soon as I got out of the car my water started coming out really fast! Yuck. So they check me in and confirm that my water broke, but they check me and I'm only dialated to a 2. Bummer. So they hook an IV up to me and tell me and Jeremy to walk around the hospital for an hour. About 7am they re-check me and I am still only at a 2! What the heck! My water broke way before my actual labor ever started. The Dr. decided to give me petocin at about 7:30 am to help start labor. I ended up getting my epidural a couple hours later. Once I had the epidural I was so relaxed. I slept most of the time and ate ice chips. I actually felt guilty for just laying there but there was nothing else I could do. At about 4:30 pm I was ready to push. I was so excited and wanted to have this baby. After pushing for 2 hrs and being exhausted I was having little progress. The Dr. decided to turn off my epidural so I could really feel the contractions. That was not fun. But after another hour and 15 minutes of pushing our baby girl was born. The Dr had to do an episiotomy and I also tore, so that was not fun (class 3). But I don't know how else I was going to get that 9 lb baby out of me! Once she was born I was so relieved and happy.




I have to say that each day it does get easier and I start to feel a little better. Kylee had jaundice the first week but it is getting better. We were able to keep her home with us. My episiotomy tore open and I had to go back to the Dr. But she said it would heal on it's on with in 4-6 weeks. So as of right now I just try to get as much rest as I can. Jeremy and my parents have been such a big help to me.







10 comments:
How do you get those bows in her hair? She is so dang cute!
She is adorable! Congrats and welcome to motherhood . . . It's quite a ride! :)
So fun! Sorry about the healing...hope you get better soon!
What a great story! I am glad that you are doing well. I hope that things will continue getting better everyday for you. I'm hoping to come out to Riverside soon to visit you and cute little Kylee!
seriously she is sooo dang precious! ya episiotomy's are horrible, well more the healing from them is! glad to see you are taking it easy and starting to heal!
She is so cute! You are a strong one to deliver a 9 lb baby! Congrats again!
She's SO beautiful! Seriously, you are amazing pushing for 3 plus hours, and a 9 pound baby no less. Wow. I hear you with the after-labor pain.. I'm sure you remember when I shared way too much info with you after Lily was born. :) I'm sure you have lots of help being with your mom, but please let me know if I can bring you a meal or anything, I'm just down the freeway in Yorba Linda! Also, we want to invite you and your sweet girl to Lily's 1 year bday party (no pressure to come, I know i rarely went out in the first month) but if you could email me your address i'd really appreciate it! mrsbrittanyrobertson@yahoo.com
Oh and her blessing dress is SO pretty. It reminds me of a wedding veil a little on the bottom. I love it.
Congrats! I hope you heal well. She is so cute!
She is so beautiful!!!! Yeah the healing part is not so fun, but remember Ice down there helps so much!!! It helped get me through those rough days.
Oh gosh...the healing part is the worst part of pregnancy!!! I can't believe you pushed out a 9 lb baby! I only had a 6 lb one and I though that was tough! haha! I know it's great for nursing, but the Boppy was MY best friend! I seriously sat on that thing (like a doughnut) for a month!! It totally helped! I also used those circle cooling pads and the Dermoplast pain relieving spray that they gave you in the hospital. Hope you heal quickly!
Post a Comment