So my Dad accompanied me to Bethlehem 2 weeks ago to help me get my apartment set up with some new furniture and to provide on-site moral/mental support in general. It was a TON of work, really we didn't get to do much outside of Priesthood conference session, going out to eat, and running to the store a million times. However we did have a lot of fun and he helped Brie and I out sooo much so THANKS DAD for your help! Thanks Mom for letting us borrow Dad for a week! Below is a picture of my overworked and underpaid Dad as we were assembling the dresser....

Here's a creek that runs along a park near our house....
Aforementioned park
It has been very chilly here so far, Spring is sort of here according to most here, but its still in the 50s during the day and 30s/40s at night.......and it rains here.......frequently! The phrase April showers brings May flowers is certainly true in this part of the country. It did snow once while at work, but it didn't stay on the ground for long....I am getting adjusted to work and to my new role in the marketing communications group. I will work on the commercial side of the business, which mostly deals with marketing programs geared towards all kinds of businesses from healthcare facilities to schools/colleges to small and large corporate office complexes. I work with a good group of professionals, I am definetely the youngest and greenest of them all but the projects I will be starting soon will get me up to speed very fast. I LOVE my commute, probably the most beautiful commute I will ever have in my life (unless I ever work from home*). I'm about 10-15 minutes from work, all on side streets that take me right past farm fields, barns, beautiful new homes, and beautiful wooded areas. My first day was ofcourse memorable, with my suit/tie getting soaked as a sudden downpour caught me off guard and without umbrella running through the parking lot! Went to the ward today for the first time and met many nice people and I think Brieann and I will be very comfortable there, that is unless the boundaries change and we get sent to a different building which I have been told might happen this year*. All in all things are good here in PA, that is as good as they can be when your beautiful and pregnant wife is far away! I am counting down the days until I return!

1 comment:
Glad to see you've been doing some exciting things in PA! I can't imagine how hard it is to be away from your wife that long! Glad you have webcam and things to use!
Post a Comment