Sunday, July 20, 2008

In Loving Memory

Rick Meldon Poole
July 10, 1964 - July 4, 2008

My Uncle Rick unexpectedly passed away on the morning of July 4th. He had been battling cancer since January. We are all very sad to see him go but we know he is not in pain anymore and that he is in a better place. Rick was such a great example to everyone in my family. He was a very humble man and had great faith and a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He loved his family more than anything. His funeral was very peaceful. We were all able to mourn and also celebrate his life. Family came in from all over the country and it was nice to all be together. Elder John C. Dalton , Area Seventy, spoke on the plan of happiness and eternal families. It is so comforting to know that Rick is sealed to his family for time and all eternity. What a great blessing it is to know this. I am so thankful for my temple sealing.

Saturday most of us were able to attend the Newport Beach temple. It was such a wonderful experience to be in the Celestial room with my family.

3 comments:

Doug & Angie Gray said...

I am so sorry about your uncle. I don't think I have ever met him but it sounds like he was a great man. Some times I look at your blog off of Trudys and it is always a little wierd to see my cousins on there too. It is funny. Anyways thank goodness for this gospel.

The Tracy's said...

Hi Bri,
I updated finally and here is my little present to you. A comment. HAHA! I loved spending time with your family. We had a great time and it was fun to see where you all call home. I have to say, I sure wish that I could call it home. Someday! Thanks for the good time and we hope to see you all again soon.
Trudy

Ashley said...

Awe...Bree...I'm so so sorry. I hope you are doing okay and call me if you need anything, just to talk would be super, i'm here for you! He was the one you lived with in Orange COunty for awhile right?? I love you girly!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers