Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day!

We took a trip into Hoboken, NJ last weekend and had a blast in the quaint city across the Hudson River from Manhattan. It is full of little shops and restaurants and the weather could not have been any better, sunny and 85 degrees! We took in Washington Street, Frank Sinatra Park and the Hudson waterfront. We bought tickets and waited for our subway to take us into Lower Manhattan's financial center but Kylee threw a pretty horrendous fit and we knew going into NYC would make the day even longer for her so we decided to cut it and come back another day. All in all it was a great getaway for the day.


Carlo's Bakery-site of TLC's "Cake Boss" Carlo's cakes
The happy Fam inside Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken NJ. Kylee is in a one-sy because she created a tremendous disaster on the way into Hoboken that ruined her outfit! We waited for 40 mins to get served here the line was so long, but we got a sampling of italian sweets to try out and loved everyone of them!


This was part of our breakfast at La Isla and this is called "Chef Omar's Stuffed French Toast"--Pure deliciousness! It was featured on the Food Network with Bobby Flay....It was stuffed with strawberry's and guava cream cheese, dipped in cinnamon batter and coated with corn flakes and toasted almonds!!!MMM! One of Jeremy's friends at work lives in Hoboken and recommended La Isla, a tiny Cuban restaurant on Washington St in Hoboken (the main area). It was a great local place with great food, we will be back sometime!


The Empire State Building across the Hudson River

To Jeremy this was the nicest view at a little league park...lower manhattan across the river!

This was Kylee's favorite part of our trip....the long nap she took in her stroller!
I really had a great Mother's day weekend. I absolutely love being a mother. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a sweet daughter. I learn so much from her. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who loves to surprise me and do fun things! He is such a hard worker and a great Dad to Kylee. I get to sleep in every weekend while he gets up with her, not just on Mother's day. We had my fav bbq ribs and corn on the cobb....delish! And to top it all off he made me a homemade card with cut out pictures and phrases of things that I like and thinks that describe me. It was so sweet and thoughtful. Thank you so much for a wonderful Mother's day babe! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Ashley and Blake said...

Awww! That's so nice! Sounds like fun. I want to come visit!!! Glad you had a great mommy's day. You are such a good mommy and Kylee and Jeremy are both so lucky to have you!!!

Mindy said...

That looks so yummy and so fun! I LOVE seeing new places so that must be fun for you guys. Kylee is a doll too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers