Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend with 5 Guys

This past weekend was a lot of fun and very tiring at the same time! Saturday morning we were cleaning and reorganizing furniture in our house...which was nice to finally get done! The weather was pretty good last week and Saturday was beautiful, so we got out and went out to lunch at our local Five Guys Burgers and Fries. It was quite a place to eat....bags of fresh Idaho potatoes stacked in certain spots in the dining room, the board tells you from what city in Idaho those days' potatoes are from. The restaurant is big on the east coast apparently, and it lived up to the hype (the young men in our ward think its the best ever)! Its got a very In N Outish feel to it inside, the workers are overly friendly, the place is clean and its all white and red inside. So we got the little cheeseburger and fries.....the little cheeseburger is huge..plenty to eat, and it was delish! The fries were dissapointing....neither of us liked the fries really at all...but the burgers taste like the best homemade type burgers you can have....but we admit In N Out is still the king of fast food burgers.


After eating at 5 Guys, we went shopping at Target for some random stuff and then made our way to the mall to look at some work clothes for Jeremy. Kylee did so good the whole trip! Except for throwing a fit inside Target which she always does inside that store!

This past week was lots of fun, we had a BBQ with some friends in our ward at the park, had a picnic at Jeremys work for lunch and met his boss and coworkers, and ALMOST hit our first deer! Jeremy is the 1st counselor in the YM and is the teachers quorum advisor, they had a stake youth hoe-down where they taught all the youth line dances and other stuff so I came along-driving home it was ofcourse dark, and we live in an area that has lots of deer around....so going down a hill I noticed a deer in our lane of the road, I yelled at Jeremy to stop so he slammed on the brakes....and swerved into the other lane (luckily theres little to no traffic on our streets at night out here) and we missed that deer by about 2 feet! The deer didnt move one muscle the whole time! Anyways, we see deer a lot around here, lets just hope we don't see another one on the road anytime soon!
We are looking forward to another busy and fun week, we hope to visit Princeton NJ this weekend and we will be checking out Musikfest in Bethlehem sometime this week and Jeremy is golfing with a friend in the ward. Watch out if you're golfing nearby!




7 comments:

Annie and Jason said...

Coming from In & Out sista I don't think you can get much better. So good luck in the hamburger adventures. That's funny Kylee throws fits in Target, maybe Jeremy is brainwashing her already so that you wont spend tons of money there. Target is one of those stores for me that you can't hardly walk out without spending $100. seesh. And scary about the deer. One thing I hate around here is the skunks. yucky!

Brittany said...

My hubby LOVES 5 guys! We have it here in Utah and he prefers it over in-n-out, which I found hard to believe. I think they are pretty neck and neck. Kylee is getting so big and cute...She sure is lifting herself up good. Libby hates being on her stomach so she just lays there crying and sucking on her hand, haha. We have deer here too and they get hit all the time. Sounds like you guys are doing great... Maybe you'll move to Utah oneday and we could actually see each other!

Susie said...

Super cute pic's! Where do you get all the cute headbands for Kylee? Do you make them? Let me know, Reese needs some of those :) susiechatham@yahoo.com

Monica said...

She is too cute! Way to go on the tummy time! Flat heads are funny looking! We know from experience! ;-)

Erin said...

I love 5 guys! I agree with you on the fries, which is sad because they are from IDAHO!! But yes, the burgers are delish!
Kylee is such a doll. She is growing up fast! It looks like you guys are having a fun time.

Murdocks said...

Kylee is so cute! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!

Marissa said...

She is just so cute! Irresistible. I DO NOT miss the days of dear all over the place. When I lived in nor cal (San Rafael) there were deer everywhere! I looked out the window..deer...driving...deer...eating...deer...They are cute when they are not desensitized, I hate how they never move because they are so domesticated! Don't miss ...have fun with that. I am glad you guys missed the deer though :) It seems like your lovin' your new home ...not so bad after all. Thanks for the advice, when I moved I was positive and told myself not to be nervous and whola! Its great here!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers