Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend in Paradise!

June 1st -  Jeremy and I spent two nights at Paradise Point Resort on Mission Bay in San Diego.  It was nice to have some rest, relaxation and fun together! No cooking, cleaning, changing diapers.... It was nice :)   We kicked it off by eating breakfast at The Studio Diner that Jeremy found on yelp.  We split the cinnamon french toast and an omelet, and ate while the food was hot!




It was pretty overcast in the morning so instead of hanging out on the beach we decided to rent beach cruisers.  We rode along the boardwalk and took in all the beautiful scenery and beach houses.  It was so much fun! When the weather is warmer you can rent seadoos, paddle boards, and kayaks.  Maybe next time :)



Yes, we did act like kids and bought all of our favorite snack foods.  We roasted marshmallows and ate smores (my favorite) at a camp fire at the resort.

While we were there we spent a lot of time outside doing activities together.  We played tennis, ping pong and basketball.  Jeremy did win at most of the activities but I'm a pretty competitive opponent.  I did win one game of tennis and came pretty close to beating him at HORSE. We had so much fun and laughed so hard.  It was really nice to do something together that we don't get to do with the kids.





At night we ate dinner at a really yummy hole-in-the-wall BBQ place and headed over to Mission Beach where there have a roller coaster and a bunch of other rides.  It was so much fun walking around and playing games.

We ate breakfast burritos at Kono's Surf Club Cafe and had the perfect ocean view.  




This is a view of our resort from a tower we climbed up.  I would definitely come back here again with our whole family!  It was nice to have some alone time with Jeremy in such a fun, relaxing place.  


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ok that trip looks like it was HEAVENLY!!! You guys deserve it!!! Glad you had such a good time!

Yorgasons said...

Oh man that looks like heaven! I need some time alone with my hubby!!! I am such a dits...we just in San Diego and I completely spaced it that you guys live there! Can you believe it? I realized it when we got back and I was reading your blog! I was so mad at myself! I would have loved to see you! I can't believe how big Austin is! Next time I will not forget!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers