This year for Easter weekend we were able to take our first family road trip and visit my brother and sister in law in Gilbert, AZ. It took us about 7 hours to get there when it should have been a 5 hour drive. I guess you just have to plan for extra stops when you have kids. We made three stops but finally got there. It was nice to sit in the car and talk to Jeremy while both kids were strapped in their car seats and couldn't move :)
Kylee spent some of the time napping and the other watching Toy Story 3 on her DVD player (that was a life saver!) Some of the time both kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, but what do you do.

When we got in Friday night we went down to the Mesa temple and saw the Easter Pageant. It was my first time seeing it and it was AMAZING! It follows the story of the Saviors birth, ministry, death and
resurrection through music, speech and dance. I could feel the spirit so strong. I know that because of the Savior we can live again! I know that if we follow him we will be happy and can have joy and peace. It was wonderful to share this experience with my family.

The next day we played outside with Diamond, my brother's dog. She is so sweet and is full of life! It took Kylee a little while to warm up, but now she loves her.


We also went to see some
tortoise that Tasia's dad raises. Some of them were huge!!!
Kylee didn't do so well when they were close but she loved looking at them from far away. I'm not sure how she'll do at the zoo.

Aunt Tasia bonding with Austin and Kylee.


Saturday night all of my cousins that live in Mesa/Gilbert cam over for a party. It was so nice to see everyone!!!! I wish I had taken more pictures of everyone. Here is
Kylee warming right up to Cousin Kelsey and Cody.

Sunday morning
Kylee found her Easter basket that the bunny left for her :) It was filled with eggs, some coloring crayons and an Elmo coloring book. She was thrilled.


Aunt Tasia was so nice and thoughtful and bought an egg dyeing kit to color eggs. It totally slipped my mind.
Kylee had a lot of fun watching. Maybe next year I will be brave enough for her to make a huge mess. We had so much fun staying with Shane and Tasia and loved seeing their cute house and meeting their sweet dog Diamond. We can't wait to see them when they come to CA in July!

My mom has this crazy bunny at her house that sings and dances and is pretty nuts.
Kylee loves to push the button to make it dance and she dances right along with it.

Grandma Murdock also had an
Easter egg hunt for the Murdock cousins before we left.
Kylee was so excited to collect eggs because this was her first time (that she can remember). She was so excited about her Easter basket that we could not get her to look up once for a picture. Oh well. I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!
3 comments:
Looks like a great weekend!!! Austin looks 100% kissable and we need Kylee to come play at our house! We miss you guys!!! MOVE TO UTAH! Haha! Maybe someday...
Kylee is getting so big. I never thought about people raising tortises in their back yards. Who knew. Miss you guys here.
I can NOT believe you were in AZ and you didn't tell me! I know you must have been super busy with family, but promise me you will stop by next time! We sure miss you guys...
Post a Comment