Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Ya'll gonna have to wait for the Avis bus!"

*Guest blogger Jeremy*

Those were the first words we heard when we arrived at the Philadelphia airport Sunday night....we were outside waiting for our shuttle to take us to the rental car area, freezing cold, watching all other rental car company shuttles whiz by. So we stopped one and asked if he could take us to the Avis area (which is right next to the rest of them anyway) and that was his response.......

Brieann and I took a housing trip to Allentown this past week, left Sunday morning and arrived back Wednesday night. In preparation for the trip, Brieann packed a nice cold virus that had her reaching for a tissue most of the trip, and that eventually spread to me during the middle of the visit, and who knows, she may have infected various others around her in the airplanes we were on (If anyone knows anyone that flew Delta to Philly via Atlanta and got sick tell them were sorry)

So other than the headcolds, and the chilly morning/night time weather it was a pretty good trip. Wind chill brought the temps in Allentown down to 9 degrees the 2nd day we were there, but without the winds it wasnt that bad with a sweater and jeans on.

We had some unforgettable, forgettable, and regrettable food while we were there.

The Unforgettable- Boston Gourmet Pizza. A great pizza/italian restaurant with a killer boston creme chocolate cake. Chick Fil-A was a great lunch choice, and for me I thought a Checker's bacon cheeseburger in the Atlanta airport was pretty dang good.

The Forgettable- The Crackerbarrel restaurant right next to our hotel.....we only went because it was close.....food was greasy and made us both wish we had made a better dinner decision.

The Regrettable- The hotel's "continental breakfast". OK, normally I know that these breakfasts are usually terrible and of no quality, BUT this is a Wyndham -owned hotel, and the offerings actually didn't look too bad.......All I had were eggs and sausage, and thats all it took to make me sick the rest of the day which affected my desire to eat for the rest of the day! Brieann played it safe and stuck to a toasted fresh bagel, which I ended up eating for breakfast the other 2 mornings.

Down to the business-So we did find an apartment, we visited about 5 or 6 places, found 2 we really liked and made a tough decision to go with a certain one. We got a great deal on a 1 bed 1 bath, its almost 1000 sq feet, it comes with a storage closet on the same floor as our unit, we have all the amenities we will ever need, and all appliances come with the apartment. Below are some shots of our trip......




(This is the Starbucks of PA. There is one on every corner)

1 comment:

Annie and Jason said...

Oh my goodness they are obsessed with Dunkin Dounuts out here too. I don't get it but they have decent hot chocolate.I even tried a dounut again when I moved here thinking maybe I was missing something I forgot about but nope. So glad you found a place but sorry you had to battle the cold in the cold. Hate to say it but brings a smile to my face knowing that someother fam have to fight the freezing winds and cold rather than soak it up in sunny ca. I mean for pete's sake it really was not fair.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers