Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good Day L.A.

This past Saturday Jeremy planned a day date for us in LA. With school coming up again and college football season starting soon (aka my husband keeps quite "busy" with football on saturdays) we decided to get out and do something. We started the day off by attending a session in the LA Temple. We had gone up there before to see the Christmas lights and to attend sealings but I had never done a session there before. The temple was massive and beautiful inside and out.

After the temple Jeremy took us to lunch at El Cholo in Santa Monica. It was a very yummy mexican restaurant. Its been in LA for a looong time and the food was quite authentic. We got to valet park the camry for the 1st time ever! We had to valet because there were no places to park (in LA of course not right?)..so there was our camry parked next to a bunch of Beamers and Benzes and what Jeremy said was a Mazerati>? After lunch we wanted dessert so we stopped by Diddy Riese to get some ice-cream cookies. Don't worry, there was so much traffic on Wilshire Blvd we had time to digest our mexican food by the time we got there. These are the BEST and it combines what I love (Ice cream) with what Jeremy loves (cookies) all into one!! If anyone ever is up in the LA temple area its a definite stop to make.


Goodbye LA and your wayyy-too crowded streets/freeways! Muchas gracias to my husband for planning such a sweet day for us to be together!

10 comments:

Stacy said...

How fun! I love that cookies place!

akamoroti said...

That is sooo sweet. aaAAaahh

Ashley said...

You guys are soo cute!!! Props to Jeremy for a fun date!! Nice dress Brie.....it's funny we have the same dress and I have those exact shoes, except mine are a tad lighter :) HAH!! I only wish I was as skinny as you again :(

Mike and Bianca said...

oh my gosh! those ice cream cookies look soooooo good! i want one!

Annie and Jason said...

cute dress Bri. I'm jealous of your great mexican food. Sounds like a great day. Are you guys going to Chris's farewell in oct/nov?
ann

JoEllen said...

What a great guy =)

Cris said...

I told Kiley how impressed I am with you two. Keep up the little fun dates. Thanks for the little comments that you make on my blog.

Monica said...

That looks like so much fun! Sean and I haven't done a session at LA yet...We will definitely have to! oh my gosh...I love Diddy Reese! and they're only like 1 dollar! such a great deal!! I know...we are so excited for Evan to get here too...just trying to keep him cooking for a little longer! :-)

Ashley said...

Hey girly!! I hope you had a super fun birthday!! I totally wanted to call you, but then I had my phones switched a while ago and didn't have any of my numbers in my new one, so you'll have to call me so I can save it in my new one...sorry I'm a slacker!! Love you and hope you had a great day :)

Erin said...

Hillarious! I totally remember you guys, and well! Glad to see you two are doing great. I love the cookie place in LA it's divine!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers